1. When the XG80 or XG55 is not in a call, if you want to see the camera image full screen (with no menus), press the Layout button on the remote. You will then also be able to move adjust the camera, set presets, etc.
2. There are several ways to set a camera one-touch preset (1-6 on the remote). A really quick way to do it is to press the Layout button as described in the previous tip, move the camera to the desired view with the arrows and zoom buttons on the remote, then hold down the number you want to store the preset to (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6) until the system makes a tone, then an onscreen indicator will appear showing you that the preset has been successfully saved.
3. When you are attempting Sync an RF remote to the XG80 or XG55, you must be within 20 centimeters of the CODEC and attempt the procedure within 3 minutes of boot up. The procedure to sync the remote consists of the following steps: 1. power off the unit (fully off, not standby) 2. press the power button 3. wait for the unit to come on and the green light to be steady 4. count to ten, then hold the remote within 20 cm of the codec and press the Return and Tools buttons on the remote simultaneously 5. the red light on the remote will begin flashing rapidly, once this happens pres the Enter button on the remote. 6. The remote is now paired with that codec.
4. When two multipoint calls are connected by joining the two multipoint host units, it is called Cascading. When cascading, the only available option for the multipoint call is Voice-activated Switching, where the active speaker is shown full screen to all the participants.
5. A good rule of thumb for recording on a memory stick is 1 Gigabyte of memory stick space for every hour of recording.